3 Ingredient Cookies! What?! I love the idea of cookies that require only 3 ingredients. Most contain ingredients that we all have lying around in our kitchen pantries at all times. 3 ingredient cookies are not only a quick way to satisfy a sweet tooth, but many of them are healthy alternatives as well. Some are gluten-free, some are sugar-free, a few are vegan. Another great thing about these recipes; most of them make small batches. No more wondering what to do with 6 dozen cookies all at once! (Well, unless you make them all!)
Key to 3 Ingredient Cookies:
- GF = gluten free
- V = vegan
- SF = no added sugar
- GF The first one is flourless peanut butter. This is my go-to cookie! If you love peanut butter, you’ll love this cookie. Find the basic recipe here. I sometimes add in a few chocolate chips or mini Reese’s Pieces for a special treat. I also roll them in sugar before flattening them.
- Shortbread cookies are another favorite for me and my daughter. The key to these is a delicate hand when bringing the dough together. Find the recipe here.
- GF, V Pumpkin cookies! It’s fall at the moment, so pumpkin everything for me! Bonus: pumpkin has tons of nutrients in it, so less guilt. Find the healthy recipe here. Here’s how to make your own pumpkin puree for these yummy cookies.
- GF, V, SF This one is not only healthy, but also contains chocolate! Can’t go wrong there. Find the recipe for chocolate banana cookies here. You can make endless variations with this basic recipe. You really only need the oats and the bananas. The add-ins are up to your imagination. Leave out the cocoa and add cinnamon, toss in a few raisins for healthy, quick oatmeal raisin cookies. Or toss in a bit of orange zest and some dried cranberries! Yum!
- GF, V (unless you choose honey as the sweetener) This one is a no-bake! What?! Yep, 3 ingredients and no baking. The recipe for no-bake peanut butter cookies is here.
- Let’s follow that up with another no-bake recipe. This one is basically the same as the no-bake peanut butter, but uses cereal rather than oatmeal as the base. The recipe is here. This one could be made gluten-free depending upon the cereal you choose.
- GF, V, SF Let’s add another healthy treat to our list. It has one odd ingredient, but if you’re vegan and you love hummus, it’s likely that you have a jar of tahini in your pantry. They use dates as the only sweetener, which makes them gluten-free, no added sugar, and vegan! The recipe for Vegan Tahini Cookies is here.
- Am I the only one that didn’t know what a sultana is? British recipes abound with them. I finally took the time to look it up. Hmmmm, . . . .in the US we call them golden raisins—mystery solved! Anyway, this is a great bar cookie recipe. It calls for sultanas (or golden raisins), but you could really substitute any dried fruits and/or nuts. Find the recipe for Sultana Squares here.
- GF Here is a simple recipe for coconut lovers out there; including me! The recipe for 3 ingredient coconut macaroons is here.
- This recipe contains another pantry staple (at least around holiday time), condensed milk. The recipe for Condensed Milk Cookies is here.
- Here’s a not-so-healthy cookie, but one with almost limitless possibilities, making it a good option for special occasions. The recipe for Cake Mix Cookies is here. Please share your cake mix cookie inventions!
- 3 ingredient Nutella cookies! Yes, I know the controversy but we are homesteaders. Does this give me an excuse to find space to plant some hazelnut bushes? Find the recipe for these tasty cookies here.
- So, I promised you a baker’s dozen. Here is the last recipe with a surprise ingredient; pancake mix. A relative had given us a multiple bags of a healthy pancake mix that she found on clearance. I found a way to use some of it! The recipe for Maple Syrup Pancake Mix Cookies is here.
With the holidays coming up, I’ll be stocking up on all the simple pantry items that these recipes require. With such easy recipes, it’s quick to whip up a batch of delicious home-baked cookies for parties or unexpected guests—even if they have special dietary needs!